Yesterday, upon the news of another employee asking for resignation, the air was heavy with accusation. Not that this is an unusual thing for the atmosphere to feel like around here, but it was particularly palpable. I over-heard the CEO in conversation with my team leader. He told her, though this wasn't the reason for the afformentioned resignation, that the tensions between she and the senior accountant had to subside. His closing statement in that argument was that "God helps those who help themselves," to which my blood ran cold. I said under my breath that this "isn't in the Bible."
Ladies and Gents, it's the truth. That statement is nowhere in the Bible, and, infact, contradicts the very nature of faith in God. Scripture doesn't say "blessed are the self-sufficient for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."
The Enemy knows how to play to our weaknesses, yes. But He also knows how to play to our strengths. He knows how to get us where it really hurts - our pride. I know that I have weaknesses in my walk and strengths. The danger that Satan likes to throw at our strengths is the idea that we can do it on our own - the idea that we don't NEED God in order to do that which we are gifted to do. How many times God has looked on us in our unresponsiveness, asking "Do you not know me??".
If you look in your heart and find that is true in your life, than the very blood that covers your stains is in VAIN. I know that God can take ANYTHING and use it for His good, pleasing, and perfect will. For sure, if you're out of God's will by ignoring humility you will not receive the blessing for that which could have been accomplished through you in His name.
In Exodus, and hopefully you know the story, the Isralites wandered the desert. God kept very close to them throughout this whole experience. He commanded a temple to be built for Him to dwell because he WANTED to dwell among them, He came down visibly to be with them (in the pillar of fire and in the cloud) to lead and protect them simultaneously, He met with Moses presence to presence in the temple of meeting and "spoke with him as a man does his friend." [Exodus 33:11] After Moses came down from the mountain at the end of His time with God, God asked him to go back down to his people because they were worshipping false idols, no thanks to Aaron. Moses was devastated and pled on behalf of God's children for forgiveness. God told Moses that He would give them to the promised land, an angel of the Lord would lead them there, they would have food and nourishment, but HE, the Great I AM would not be going with them. The Presence of God would not be going with them. Moses fell on his face and begged the Almighty to go with them in lue of His promises to the forefathers. Do you see what I'm getting at? The way was paved. They would have protection and food and would be victorious over their enemies. That meant nothing to Moses if He couldn't be with God. He's basically saying "I don't care about that right now! I just want YOU!!". Honestly, I'm SO GLAD Moses knew he couldn't do it on his own. How sweet it is the be In The Presence! In Exodus 33, Moses had an intimate encounter with the Living God face to face BEFORE there was access to God through prayer. That Presence meant more to Moses than food, protection, or land.
Today, don't let your pride keep you from a full communion with the God that gave you all your talent. Recognize today that your abilities are not your own, but God's. You may have blessings when you are self-sufficient, but you will for SURE be without The Presence. If anyone had reason to be proud, it would've been Moses - leading an ENTIRE nation and being chose by I AM would do that to someone...and even he sought God's Presence above all else.
Will you forsake The Presence for meaningless recognition and pride for gifts that are not yours to begin with?
No comments:
Post a Comment